Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lady Gaga: Freak or Fabulous?

I'm all for Lady Gaga's envelope pushing. She's weird, she's sexual, and you can't really understand what she's saying. I love it. Plus, I like her music (minus Born This Way, which I think is a total Madonna "Express Yourself" rip-off). I appreciate people who want to be and sound different from everyone else out there. (Even if she does wear raw meat. It is gross, which is why you shouldn't eat it. And also why you should read my other blog, The Preppy Vegan.)

But...we might have gone a little too far with this one. She showed up on Jay Leno with these interesting new additions to her face:

Read the rest of the article here.
..and then wouldn't confirm whether they were actually implants or convincing prosthetics.

My thing is, if you are going to do something totally cray-cray like this, you need to own it. People are going to be curious. Just answer the damn question. I'm not even turning on the radio on the way to work this morning, because I'm sure this is all they'll be talking about.

So..what do you think? Artistic expression or desperate cry for attention?

6 comments:

MaggieO said...

I agree, it's weird. I'm going to hope that they are prosthetics. I read an interview with her in Rolling Stone once and she talked about how she does things like this to get people to talk about her and her antics and not her personal life.

Kristin said...

Not only is it weird. It makes her look SO old.

KG said...

I think Lady Gaga is overrated and if anyone else did HALF of the stuff she did, they would put them in a mental ward.

My vote: I cannot stand her.

I do believe that her "new implants" are fake though. Looking closely at the pictures, it looks like you can see the thin film of where a piece of, whatever they formed to make them, on the side of her cheek.

yuck.

Haughty by Nature said...

@ MaggieO, I guess that's a good tactic, since I never hear a word about her private life!

@ Kristin, I agree...she looks like some sort of freakish dinosaur.

@ KG I'm hoping you're right and that they are fake!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

That's just nuts!

The interview she did with 60 minutes and Anderson Cooper was really good.

Haughty by Nature said...

@ Hines-Sight What was good about the interview? Was she wearing the prosthetics?

Related Posts with Thumbnails