Saturday, April 16, 2011

I Lurve Jenna Lyons

Since I don't watch morning news shows, I totally missed this controvery over the recent j.crew ad featuring Jenna Lyons' pink-toenail painted son.


Natch, Fox News was all over it, and (luckily for us) so was Jon Stewart. I found this video on Baxter Sez and had to share it with you. I think it's adorable, but the media thinks otherwise. They are trying to make their homophobia as concern, but not doing a very swell job. What do you think about the whole thing? What would you do if your son liked to paint his toenails pink? I'm pretty sure I would just beg to borrow this shade, but we know how I love Essie. Watch below:

5 comments:

Beth Dunn said...

My son always wants his nails painted!
xoxo
SC

Anonymous said...

LOL

Ensley said...

@ Beth Perhaps you can consult with Fox News that it's only children who have great taste :)

Hannah said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you!

Did you know pink was a "boys color" until a magazine choose blue as a boy's color instead, less than 100 years ago?

Thank you!

Shae Majors said...

my cousin's husband loves to paint her toenails! And I love washing my car with my dad.....does that make me gay?!

And come on - it's 2011! Don't these idiots realize that gendered activities are just social constructs?!

I do not understand people - stories like this is why I can no longer bring myself to watch the news!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails