Thursday, March 3, 2011

Tequlia Sold Separately

Embarrassing confession: I bought a food processor that sounds like a sex toy.

And no, it's not because all of those 2am infomercials won me over. Hell, at 2am I've been asleep for nearly 5 hours. It's because the Magic Bullet has some excellent marketing, namely:

1) it was one of only two food processor choices at the store
2) it was the only one that mentioned making margaritas right on the box

Decision made.

I can taste the sweet tequila already. 


But seriously: Best Buy (where I had a gift card) only had the Magic Bullet and this scary Wolfgang Puck "immersion blender" that frightened me a little bit. (I mean really, what is that long metal pole for? Mass murder?) Three of the the 320948398 attachments on the Wolfgang blender said they were meant to "whip egg whites into a meringue", and since I don't eat eggs, I figured my money was better spent elsewhere. Like on blending hard liquor with some ice.
I can't even identify 80% of these objects.
I then got chatted up by a girl in the checkout line who felt it the right time to confess that  she would get "Soooooo wasted" if she had a Bullet, which cause me to wonder if she was already headed in that direction. I told her she could just make some hummus or guacamole in the Bullet and sober right up! Coincidentally, I brought the sex toy Magic Bullet home, washed it out, and immediately made some hummus. (I would have made a margarita, but figured they would discourage me from snacking on those at work.) The verdict? Freaking. Awesome.

Here's the recipe...give it a try.

Ensley's Magic Bullet Cucumber Hummus (sounds a little scandalous, right?)

1 16 oz can garbanzo beans
2 Tbsp Tahini sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup veggie broth
3/4 cup chopped cucumbers

Put it all in the Magic Bullet tall cup, pulse it (oh yeah!), done. 

I would have taken a picture but...I may have eaten most of it already. With a spoon. Directly out of the Magic Bullet. How's that for sexy?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom swore by her Bullet (now I hope like Hell she was talking about the kitchen appliance!) - she absolutely loved it. And when she died, my Dad said we could have pretty much anything in the house...except the Bullet.
Enjoy

Adrienne Shubin said...

You will think I am awful, but I didn't like the bullet and gave it and all it's attachments to Goodwill. Someone scored that day!
I didn't like it because it was too small for a family of five. And I never did try a marg in it. Sad.

I love the idea of adding cukes to hummus. Genius.

Haughty by Nature said...

@ fojoy...that is hilarious and encouraging.

@Adrienne...I don't think you're awful, I think you're realistic! Since I cook only for me, this was the cheapest and best option. But the fact that you never made a marg in it...THAT I have a problem with!

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Love your new recipe. I also love a good margarita. Enjoy your sex toy...Oh, I mean...liquor toy.

Sarah said...

I looove my Cuisinart food processor. Use it all the time for chopping things like onions and carrots, and it's great for grating cheese too. It saves me so much time on cooking prep = more time drinking wine :)

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss said...

I LOVE the magic bullet for smoothie making. on my to-make list is hummus (you go, girl!) and salsa, yuuuuum!!

Unknown said...

I love the magic bullet and also my immersion blender, which is actually awesome for making veggie soups really creamy without any added fats. I totally have to try this hummus recipe-it looks awesome, and sexy-ha!

Haughty by Nature said...

@ Sarah Beth...ok, you make the immersion blender sound a lot less scary. But I don't really make that much soup. Tell me how you like the hummus!

Related Posts with Thumbnails