Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don't Be Tardy for My (Birthday) Party

I'm not afraid to own it: I have a sick, creepy obsession with the Real Housewives of Orange County. Perhaps I'm blinded by the blonde hair or ginormous boobs, but mostly I'm jealous of their social life. Painfully jealous. Freed from mundane tasks like employment or hands-on child rearing, the Housewives' main job seems to be drinking pink cocktails while sitting on balconies overlooking the Pacific.


Hello? Dream life. (Minus the old, fat husbands and bratty children. But hey, isn't that what good prenups are for?)

Don't I fit right in?
In my attempts to be more like the OC Housewives, I decided to celebrate my upcoming 25th birthday by hosting a birthday brunch at my apartment. My reasoning went something like this:


1) If my friends don't have to pay to go to a restaurant and celebrate, they can spend more money on my gift
2) Bottomless mimosas
3)....those were pretty much the only reasons


My plan totally worked because my gifts kicked ass. (So do my friends.)

Amy's balloon kept trying to get frisky.
Smiling because they love me so much? Duh.













Feeding the vegan masses

My roomie faciliated a hilarious game of Ensley-centered Two Truths and a Lie. The goal was to beat me (the lady of the hour) in guessing which were the lies. Impossible, right? Nope. My friend Shannon tied with me, which is interesting. What have I been doing that I can't tell truth from lie? (Don't answer that.)

In the end, my party was laughter-filled and mimosa laden. With the exception of the latter, I guess that means it was nothing like Real Housewives. Turns out, that was just fine with me. 

The those OC girls can keep their cat fights and home foreclosures to themselves. (I wouldn't mind some of their bling though.) I'll take these girls over those pink Pacific cocktails anyday...


...wouldn't you?


4 comments:

Leigh Powell Hines said...

Yes, definitely!!

Happy Birthday on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was one of the girls... (Jeremy)

Haughty by Nature said...

Thanks Leigh! You are so sweet.

Haughty by Nature said...

Jeremy, you ARE one of the girls, just not one of the girls at my party. One day, one day...

Related Posts with Thumbnails