Summer is definitely different in the Big Apple. Here, a few of my seasonal requirements:
1. LifeSavers Wint-O-Green mints. Don't ask, but I basically freebase them.
2. Road trips. To anywhere, really. As long as we're on the open road and I'm not behind the wheel.
3. The smell of Coppertone. This one is a given, but luckily New Yorkers slather in on by the truckload, being so pasty white as they are. It's practically floating in the air.
4. Sailboats. Preferably Sunfish with bunches of giggling campers in them.
5. Swimming pools. In lieu of anything closely resembling one in this concrete jungle I call home, I've settled for the rooftop deck at my gym. Close, but no cigar. What are you supposed to do when you get all sweaty? Marinate?
6. The hum of a lawn mower. Now I settle for muffled sirens.
7. Icy-cold A/C as I'm huddled inside watching mindless television. Real Housewives marathon, anyone?
8. Lake Wylie, SC.
9. Iced coffee. (Is a gallon a day too much? Thought so.)
10. Outdoor/daytime drinking. It's a lot easier to justify that Blockhead's margarita marathon because it is just such a beautiful day outside! I am simply enjoying the weather.
It's funny how a move to New York will make you appreciate the simple things. What are YOUR summer checklists?
Monday, July 13, 2009
Posted by Haughty by Nature at 8:52 PM